If it hasn’t already arrived in your neck of the woods, summer is a comin’. And warmer weather means putting away that steaming hot tea and coffee (why add to the heat and stickiness?) and downing refreshing iced tea by the bucketful. Hey, it’s that good.
Plain iced tea is a timeless summertime favorite, but it’s always worth adding a bit of zing to a classic, right? Change up your favorite organic iced tea routine with this easy peach iced tea recipe. The addition of sweet peachy flavor to your go-to organic tea makes for a crisp, tangy thirst quencher that you’ll want to have in your hand all summer long.
Don’t worry. This recipe doesn’t contain unhealthy syrups, canned fruit or (eek!) fruit concentrate. It only uses the good stuff, the real fruit.
This recipe will make a tea blend with a nice, mild peach flavor. If you’re looking for more impact on your taste buds, add some lemonade or raspberries to this recipe. Now that’s some good sipping. Enjoy!
2 organic peaches
Your favorite plain organic tea
1. Prepare 3-4 cups of your favorite (organic!) iced tea brew. Set aside.
2. Peel the peaches and cut them into slices. Remove the pits. (You don’t want any chunks in your tea.)
3. Place the peach slices in a blender with about 1 cup of cool water. Puree the mixture until it has a smooth consistency.
4. Push the mixture through a fine strainer to remove the largest lumps. Then add the rest to the tea. Stir well.
5. Drop in a few tablespoons of honey for a bit of sweetness.
6. Serve over ice and garnish with a sprig of mint. Ahh… refreshing.
Follow Kirsten on Twitter @kirsten_hudson